Friday, April 07, 2006

Illustrated culinary adventures

Some recent things that have come out of my very own little gyp room (kitchenette). It is not to be sniffed at and remarkably well equipped for being small enough that only one person can actually stand in it. And it has been helped by the likes of Gary Rhodes, my Mum, many years of eating, and the team that wrote something called the Food of China.

1. Salmon with a tomato and herb salad (and some potatoes thrown in for carb value)


2. Roast chicken with sauteed potatoes (and A LOT of salad thanks to K). I forgot to take a photo of the bird so here it is in the process of being mutilated by Daniel. So we aren't very good at carving...


3. Panfried pork fillet, with home made chips, lemon herb sauce and random green bits.


4. Roast pork with crackling, home made chips and spinach/tomato salad. Also made an apple sauce as well as the trusty Bisto gravy. No photo because I was too busy eating.

5. Hainan Ji Fan!! Okay so I've never seen Hainan Ji Fan served with a beautifully arranged ring of cucumber before but I was feeling decorative... not, of course, anything like Nam Heong but it's actually recognisably tasting of what it is supposed to taste like.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

oh great, your blog is turning into one of those singaporean food blogs! Yippee! All these pictures are making me hungry. Pork crackling sounds yummy!

By the way did you eat all my emergency maggi mee in the house? I came home after my 12 hour flight and can't find anything to eat! Will have to go and scavenge soon.