Monday, October 20, 2008

Meep

Spent Sunday afternoon in the deathly silent office trying to get my head around parent-offspring conflict and honest signalling, both fascinating huge topics in behavioural ecology which did my head in as a student, and, as it turns out, still do my head in. It was useful though because I think I actually had an interesting discussion today with my supervision students on it. Huzzah, at least that was worth it.

This week I have an overwhelming timetable that on several nights involves rehearsals for both the dance show and the musical in quick succession (so something like 6-11pm), I am not sure dinner is ever going to come into play here, instead there may be quite a lot of cycling up and down Cambridge very rapidly while I try to switch my head round from interesting and quirky contemporary dance with some of Cambridge's best dancers to getting non-dancers to coordinate their hands and feet whilst bringing a dramatic story about anti-Semitism in America's deep South across. Er.

And right now rather than writing this very haphazard entry (rather reflects my state of mind at the moment) I am supposed to be calculating group territory sizes in order to see what sort of spatial effect my removal experiments had on my fish.

My brain cannot seem to turn off and doesn't quite know what to focus on at any one time. Part of me just wants to go 'meep', crawl into a corner and seek escapism in Terry Pratchett and coffee while the rest of the world gets on with all this being productive business. The other part is just masochistic.

5 comments:

Thouarella said...

Keep up the energetic work! Although Pratchett at any time is a good form of escapism.

Greenlamb said...

Hooray for Pratchett! Just bought his new book which I didn't know was out, Nation. Real sad about his health though.

stardusted said...

8huggle* the producting side seriously scares me...... ^^;;;

pls take care of yourself!!! make your brain turn off!!! else no break for too long can be bad for health.... =)

Anonymous said...

I will pass on your article introduced to my other friends, because really good!

Anonymous said...

I think I come to the right place, because for a long time do not see such a good thing the!
Farming Net